Join us for an essential Institute, introducing administrators and teachers to powerful strategies for planning instruction aligned to the Common Core State Standards that leverage existing resources (curricula, instructional frameworks, etc.) & tools to increase teacher effectiveness, improve student achievement, and evaluate assessment to improve relevancy and achieve balance.
Multiple Locations and Dates:
Times: Each workshop goes from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Registration opens at 8:30am
|Date||City||Location||Cost||Register with a |
|Register with a |
|12/14/12 ||Birmingham, AL||Birmingham Marriott |
3590 Grandview Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35243
| Register Now ||Register Now
Session I: You Don’t Have to Map Everything! Short Cuts for Priority Alignment
- Priority areas for Mapping Curriculum Gaps
- Mapping critical elements for College & Career Readiness
- Mapping critical elements of the Standards for Mathematical Practices
- Utilizing the Survey of Enacted Curriculum free online tools to ensure alignment
- Content requirements
- Levels of critical thinking
Session II: You Cannot Map the Standard… You Have to Map the Skill!
- Analyze the fundamental mismatch between your state standards and the Common Core Standards
- Review the broad concepts of the Common Core Standards
- Understand each Standard is embedded with multiple skills and learning targets
- Deconstructing the Common Core Standards
- Using Deconstructed Standards within our Maps.
- Each participant will receive an electronic copy of the Deconstructed Standards Sampler as part of their take-home materials.
Lunch Break – On your own
Session III: Effective Curriculum Mapping… It’s more than a Scope and Sequence
- Impact instruction with Curriculum Maps
- Specific, pragmatic steps to ensure your Curriculum Maps impact instruction
- Review the map analysis process
- Importance of map structure and language
- Difference between Master and Diary Maps
- Create a Common Core aligned Curriculum Map by the end of the institute session