WHAT IS BLACK BELT CERTIFICATION?
Building on best practices for sustainable change and capacity building, the Common Core Black Belt Program is a multi-resource approach that uses online
lectures, on-site practicums, print and software to take each participant from theory to practice in a 47-week course. The certification builds internal
expertise on various components of Common Core State Standards, so you can sustain your efforts without the use of expensive outside consultants.
The Black Belt Certification Program creates Common Core experts within your own school district through continuous in-depth learning opportunities.
Experts from the Common Core Institute and the Center for College and Career Readiness will be by your side for the entirety of the program.
ARE CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU) OR GRADUATE CREDITS AVAILABLE?
Yes! CEU credits will be offered through the University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education. After completing the first year, 10 CEUs
(equivalent to 3.1 Graduate Semester Hours) may be applied for. Further CEUs and Graduate Semester Hours can be applied for after successful completion
of each Session.
The University of Southern California has acknowledged the comprehensive body of work involved in the Common Core Black Belt Certification program,
and as a result, they are recognizing 100 hours of instructional participation for those who complete Common Core Black Belt Certification.
Please note: CEU and College Credit costs, travel, lodging and other expenses related to the Black Belt Certification Sessions are not included
HOW MANY BLACK BELTS ARE NEEDED IN A DISTRICT?
Special Group Discounts
|♦ Register 2-4 participants||$4,000 ea. ||♦ Register 10-19 participants||$3,200 ea.
|♦ Register 5-9 participants||$3,500 ea. ||♦ Register 20 or more ||$3,000 ea.
|In addition to the registration fees above, there is a Materials Fee of $300 per person.|
|The Common Core Institute™ in partnership with the Center for College & Career Readiness is building the next cohort for
Black Belt Common Core Certification – NOW.
We strongly suggest that Districts include key curriculum and instruction leaders, as well as principals, for Common Core Black Belt Certification.
Cohorts are strategically located to accommodate the registered members. Schools or districts enrolling 10 or more participants may be able
to arrange for onsite meetings.
BLACK BELT CERTIFICATION STRATEGY:
Your Black Belt will Build Capacity in these Practicums:
- District Curriculum Team
- Elementary Literacy
- Secondary & High School
- Principals, lead teachers, coaches, and trainers are strongly urged to pursue certification
- Training Certification: Session I ─ Beginning Common Core Implementation
- Training Certification: Session II ─ Deconstructing and Understanding the Common Core
- Training Certification: Session III ─ Applying the College & Career Readiness Anchor Standards
- Training Certification: Session IV ─ Applying Math Practice Standards
- Training Certification: Session V ─ Aligning Classroom Assessments to the Common Core
Educate Key Leaders as Experts in Common Core Standards
- Curriculum Alignment
Black Belt Cohort Participants will meet in a blended format:
Cohort members will:
The Black Belt institute combines face-to-face practicum sessions with web-based learning, follow-up activities, and
conference calls. Cohort members will meet with Common Core experts, share experiences and insights as they gain
capacity, advance their expertise, and lead others in Common Core implementation.
- Meet up to 4 times per year for an onsite practicum
Note: Session locations will be chosen after cohort participants are finalized, locations and times
will be chosen based on convenience for all cohort members
- Attend monthly webinar-based learning sessions with follow-up activities, Tool Training, as well as Curriculum and Lesson “Labs”
- Participate in regular conference calls with national leaders including experts working with the assessment consortia and the CCSSO
– authors of the Common Core Standards
- Have access to print and online resources, which can be shared with your school or District
- Complete a Certification Assessment for each Session, to ensure mastery
HOW DO I BEGIN?
Click on the link below to register, Email email@example.com,or Call 855.809.7018